Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Cub Scouts and Quilting

We had our Cub Scout Pack meeting last night.  It was average as our Pack meetings go.  And tomorrow I take  the Webelos and the Tiger to the Newspaper office.  This will be the last requirement that the Tiger needs to complete his badge.  He is a go-getter little boy, full of energy.  I hope he stays in scouting, because I sure would like to have him in Webelos!

I belong to a neighborhood quilting group.  Some of the ladies that meet with us are beginning quilters, just making their first quilts.  And some like me meet for the fellowship - not really needing the "lessons" but sometimes I learn a new way to do something. The leader of the group teaches a new skill each month.  Our new project is to try out a round robin.  The beginning quilters may not participate, but at least 3 of us are doing it.  Instead of each starting a quilt, and trading, we are just doing one.  The quilt leader started the quilt, and it was just passed on to me today.  I have 2 months to do "something".  To tell the truth, I just took a quick look at what I was given.  There is a notebook that is a journal that accompanied the project.  I haven't even looked at it yet.  This is a landscape type quilt (I think - from our previous conversations).  I'm thinking it will be a chance start a bit of art quilting.  No beading, fibers, etc; but a chance to do some free design of my own.  I'll keep you apprised.

The other point in my life is that I have started back on Weight Watchers.  Last week I only lost half a pound or so.  I'm hoping this week will be better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always appreciate your friendly comments!